Libra Silhouette Details
The Libra Silhouette was designed through a collaboration between Lucy's Corsetry and Timeless-Trends. Lucy has provided the below detail description of the corset and what makes the Libra special.
WHY IS IT CALLED THE LIBRA?
Libra represents symmetry and balance, and this corset silhouette is named the Libra as it is an answer to those who have balanced measurements between their ribcage and hips. While doing research on OTR corsets, I noticed the following regarding most corsets with the same or similar measurements between the ribs and hips:
- most only accommodate reductions up to ~7 inches
- most are only available for long torso lengths (11 inches or more)
- most are typically marketed towards gentlemen and they have a stereotypically masculine shape
- athletic women who may have a muscular back, especially developed latissimus dorsi muscles (this would be suitable for waist training prior to fitness competitions)
- nonbinary individuals who like to wear corsets but do not want a style that is overly feminine nor overly masculine
- drag queens who would like a dramatic waist reduction and may not want to pad out their hips or have to wear an OTR corset upside down for it to fit better
- anyone who has developed a barrel chest (congenitally or through swimming, playing a brass instrument, singing professionally, etc) and a comparatively narrow pelvis
STEALTH WITH COMFORT AND CONFIDENCE:
The Libra is also cut nearly straight across the top edge and gently rounded on the bottom edge, making it great for "stealthing" under clothing (no pesky points sticking out!). While the Libra does not feature a high back, I've improved my patterning techniques so the corset has more room in the side and back to contain the flesh where most of the "muffin" tends to occur. As always, the Libra has sandwiched bones to make the construction as smooth and lump-free as possible.
VEGAN AND ALLERGY FRIENDLY:
Previously, our primary black colorway was a cashmere blend, but we decided to release the black Libra corset in 100% cotton - so those with sensitive skin, allergies to wool, or those who don't wear animal products can wear the black with peace of mind.
(Please note that all steel-boned corsets contain nickel, but ours are galvanized (spiral) or nylon-coated (flat steels), and sandwiched between multiple layers of fabric so they are never directly against the body.)
SPECS AND MEASUREMENTS:
Center front: 11 inches
Princess seam: 9.5 inches
Side seam: 9.5 inches
Center back: 12 inches
Rib spring: 10 inches
Hip spring: 11 inches